Best Email Marketing Strategies and Tips
Learn the best email marketing strategies and tips for 2020 to maximize your email efficiency and take your business to the next orbit.
Here’s the ultimate go-to-guide to spruce up your email marketing.
What’s more cluttered than your desk? Your inbox? Not anymore with these email marketing strategies.
For starters, if you are in a dilemma whether to use email marketing or not and can’t decide if it suits your business, then this blog is for you.
If you are already using it, this guide is to give you a pause. There is still a lot more you can do to up your email performance metrics.
Take it! An all-encompassing article about the possibilities of email marketing – strategies, features and opportunities that will help you win more sales and leads.
What is Email Marketing and why is it unique from other channels?
Email Marketing is a simple, yet powerful and cost-effective way of sending emails to a large set of people to promote business and grow client relationships.
Due to its ease of deployment, wide global reach, and tracking possibilities, email marketing remains the most sought-after method of all digital marketing promotions. Email as a marketing channel lets you hyper-personalize and automate your campaigns at ease.
With all these benefits, email marketing stands tall as one of the highest ROI generating techniques.
Why Email Marketing is a must-have for your business?
Do you feel unsure if email marketing can really help your business? If you’ve been looking for the top reasons in favour of email marketing, here they are:
- Global Email Marketing Statistics Hold Promise
According to Statista, in 2018, the number of global e-mail users amounted to 3.8 billion and is set to grow to 4.4 billion users in 2023.
This clearly indicates how promising email marketing is today and how it’ll continue to grow in scope in the coming days.
- Email Marketing is Easy to Integrate with Other Channels
Email is versatile, and hence it can be integrated with channels like social media. This expands your brand visibility and it, in turn, improves your sales potential.
- Email Marketing is Non-Intrusive
Using email, you can communicate with well-targeted audience at the right time with well thought out content. Being able to personalize and retarget the customers makes email a popular marketing channel.
- Email Marketing is an Ideal Way to Reach Mobile Users and Millennials
According to mobile email statistics, 35% of business professionals check email on a mobile device. 73 percent of millennials prefer communications from businesses to reach them via email.
Above all, mobile opens contribute to 46% of all email opens. (Source: Hubspot)
Don’t you think this can be a huge business opportunity?
The reasons why everyone loves Email Marketing
If all these facts and stats have left you wondering about the popularity of email marketing over other channels, here are a few clear-cut reasons for all the email marketing love and fame.
- It’s flexible and easy to set up.
- It’s easy to track and analyze.
- Can target a large number of prospects at the same time.
- Able to monitor, test, and optimize constantly.
- It’s cost-efficient.
- It’s easy to automate and personalize.
- It has the highest ROI
Getting started with Email Marketing
Ok, so what do you need to do before starting your email promotions?
What are the basic requirements? New to Email Marketing?
We will help you discover the basics of good Email Marketing.
From creating email lists to designing content to launching and analysis, everything should be done with utmost care.
Of course, the first step is to create a master plan. Shall we begin?
How to build (and grow) your Email list?
Email Marketing results depend on the volume and quality of your email lists. Here are a few useful guidelines to create robust email lists:
- Never try to use purchased lists: This can back-fire your sender reputation as it may have spam and unverified ids.
- Get due permission from your subscribers. Stay compliant.
- Use smart email list-builder tool : With cmercury, you can build strong and relevant email lists at ease. It’s quick and simple and needs just one-time integration.
- A few sample use cases you can apply to grow your subscriber base.1)Opt-in forms on your web pages, 2) social media campaigns, 3) offer free tools/templates, 4) run quizzes and contests.
Want to get more ideas to grow your email list fast? Click here.
Don’t Forget Email Scrubbing
Besides building relevant email lists, it’s important that you scrub your lists often in order to cut down spam complaints.
Why data cleansing is a must for email marketing: Bad data affect your sender reputation. Regularly wipe off unwanted data to maintain fresh and clean lists.
Now that we are done with the basics of email list building, it’s time to get into action.
Building customer engagement through Email Marketing
You have built and cleaned your email list. What’s next? It’s time to make your emails perform. Weave your emails with savory content.
Launch sparkling email campaigns that convert. Build a lasting impression in your customer’s mind.
Want to keep your customers engaged campaign after campaign?
Here are a few tried and tested customer engagement methods:
- Cash in on priority sending: Turn your premium customers into your brand ambassadors. Here’s how you can optimize email campaigns for your top customers.
- Use engaging email surveys to drive in better user interaction: This helps greater campaign performance, customer retention and loyalty.
- Measure and understand your user preferences: Use the MAU data(Most Active Users), timing and frequency preferred by your users. Here are a few paradigms for subscriber engagement in email marketing.
- Enrich user engagement with AMP emails: Dynamic emails deliver rich page-like email experience. This provides a great opportunity to up your customer engagement and boosts your email marketing revenue.
Email Marketing Opportunities and Examples
- Welcome emails: Trigger welcome emails when a new user signs up. Set up email automation workflows to auto-trigger timely campaigns.
- Cart abandonment emails: With the average cart abandonment rate of 67.91%, the reminder emails act as smart revenue opportunities.
- Miss you emails: Best email marketing strategy for reactivating long time inactive users.
- Thank you emails: Improve your brand image and customer retention with timely thank you mailers.
- Seasonal offer emails: Seasonal emails are a good chance to greet your customers and promote your business. Make the most out of the festive seasons to win more sales.
- Transactional emails: Automate acknowledgments for every user transaction.
- Regular promotional emails: Grow your business with timely offers and updates using promotional emails.
Best practices for successful Email Marketing
Learn the secret recipe for creating high performing campaigns from the articles below:
- Ways to maximize your email open rates: The higher the open rates, the more web hits you earn.
- How technology-driven strategies help ROI uplift : Drip release, distribution, priority sending. Find out which ones work the best for you.
- Build your own user base organically: Serve personalized information to attract your visitor’s attention and grow email lists easily.
- Check-list for your email marketing master plan: Implement the right strategies that guarantee sure-shot success.
- The wonderful effect of segmentation: Email segmentation forms the core of data optimization activity in email marketing. Here’s how it can make all the difference in your campaign results.
- Beware of spam traps: How can your email list acquisition process turn into a trap? Pay greater attention to it.
- Use device responsive templates: Save time, labor and money using pre-designed templates.
- Planning is everything: Things to look into while preparing your email marketing plan.
- Retarget the non-openers: Use the second chance to turn your unopened emails into closed deals.
What is Predictive Email Marketing?
Predictive email marketing is the application of machine learning and data science to email marketing.
By tracking your users’ most affinity products and browsing history data, the system gives suitable product recommendations in a timely manner.
It adds more personality to traditional marketing.
Unlike normal email campaigns where bulk mailing is used to reach a high volume of users, predictive email marketing uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) data to personalize and automate email campaigns to unique customer.
With billions of emails sent world-wide in a span of minutes, don’t you think it’s vital to stand out and not get lost in the clutter?
The articles below give you a clear idea about the power of predictive email marketing:
- How Predictive Intelligent Email(PIE) increases your ROI : Cater to your unique customer needs to bring in more customer engagement and sales.
- How does cmercury PIE work? : Find out how cmercury PIE can empower your entire email marketing process.
- Talk one-to-one: Is your email truly tailor-made to your unique customer? It’s time to find out.
- How to monetize your non-engaged email database: Predictive Intelligent Email works for the non-engaging database if you smartly apply it. Here’s how.
Still unclear how cmercury PIE can act as a differentiator? See it for yourself. This predictive intelligent email video would come in handy.
What is Email Deliverability?
Where do you want your emails to land? In your subscribers’ inboxes or in the spam folders? Well, the answer is quite clear.
Email deliverability is the art and science of email inbox placement.
Work out your email deliverability plan.
The more unique your email content and design, the better the results are.
Would you like to dive into the inner world of email deliverability?
The articles below explain various email deliverability guidelines and best practices.
- How to perform your IP address warm-up: The first step towards establishing a positive sender reputation.
- It’s all about inbox placement: Expert tips and techniques to gain maximum deliverability results.
- How to overcome the common email deliverability issues? : Be ready with solutions to the obstacles that you face on your way.
- Get to know those technical jargons: DNS, DKIM, SPF, CNAME. What role does each of them play in your email deliverability?
- Monitor your email campaign performance: Update yourself with changing algorithms of email service providers like Gmail.
How to analyze the results of your Email Campaign?
Web analytics dashboard provides you with the complete details of your campaign performance. Not just open rates and click rates, you can analyze, compare, and optimize your whole website activities effortlessly.
Which is the Best Email Marketing service provider for your business?
With its decade-long experience and deep roots in email marketing, cmercury marketing automation suite has the best-in-class capabilities to serve all your email marketing needs. Whether you are a beginner or an email marketing pro, we have the best tools and features to support the growth of your business.
A quick look at Advanced Email Marketing Strategies
What is Email Automation?
Automated emails or Triggered emails are targeted emails sent from Email Service Providers(ESP) based on specific user action.
Top reasons for automated email marketing success:
- Automated, email behavioural based triggers guarantee multifold ROI uplift. It’s easy to set up timely triggers based on the user activities on the right channel- be it Email or Mobile.
- Triggered Conditional Messaging(TCM) gives instant uplift in customer engagement , especially in mass email campaigns.
- With the easy integration, automated email improves user experience and drives revenue without any manual intervention.
What does Email marketing do for your brand?
Email Marketing opens the door to huge business opportunities. It sets the path for various journeys your brand can travel.
Engaging email campaigns help build loyalty and trust with your brand among users.
See how a popular e-commerce brand achieved 2X ROI uplift with cmercury’s power-packed email marketing capabilities.
More cmercury success stories here.
Want to know how easy it is to create, split test, launch and do a lot more with your email campaigns using cmercury?
Get a detailed visit to the cmercury email engine.
Can’t wait to get started with your Email Marketing?
We can help you build high-impact email campaigns so that you can keep your subscribers hooked and attract more customers.